Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh my! A week since my last post!

Well, it's not because I've just been hanging out. This has been a busy week. The new studio move-in continues, meetings, crazy thrift day with Laurie Z, a friend over to stay and craft all night, raiding the garage for display and inventory for the Gallery Store at 3231, photo painting with 3 of my favorite Art Girls, Art Walk, etc.

I have had a few moments here and there to make a things. No great works of art but some creative time that was welcomed and much needed.

 This was kind of fun. Did I ever mention that I DON'T SEW!?! Like, at all. This little thing was machine sewn AND hand sewn. Quite an accomplishment for me. It was a swap for a little fabric house. I always look and think, "Oh, I can do that". Well, sadly, I can't. I gave this one a full effort though. 5" tall, a little tab to hang it by, velvet roof door and window, upholstery swatch base. See, sounds like it wouldn't be that hard... hmpf. You should have seen me sewing those flowers on.

 a second little Whimsy Pocket for a swap because I can never, ok, rarely (thinking of a little fabric house) make just one of something,

 a little pocket book to send to a partner to hold a series of ATC challenges that are coming up,

 an ATC for the Weekend #10 swap,

 another Whimsy Pocket to send as a surprise to one of my Art Girls

and a few things I can't show you yet as they have not reached their new home; 
charms x 12, different charms x 2, a fabric collage/ pennant, a few more fabric tags so I could send off some altered pins someone ordered.

Coming up: yet another style of charm x 6, a couple of chunky tags, a mosaic garden ball for a sample, and altered tin and things I promised but can't remember at the moment :)







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did a good job sewing to me! Very cute projects.

    ReplyDelete