Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog neglect and little time to craft

Well, here it is January already!


I was able to squeeze in a bit of crafting over the holidays to keep my swap commitments. Few photos to show for it (I refuse to open a package I've just sealed). Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, family, guests and Craft Shows every weekend it was tough.  
PLUS,
I  took on a Gi-normous (for me) project. Four, yes 4,  fleece capes for the kiddos. 
I don't sew. I don't know how to sew. I don't even pretend to know how to sew. I finished them though! 2 black fleece superhero capes and 2 pink fleece princess capes. Did I mention there were collars!?! and trim!?! scary, scary project.  The kids love them, wear them all the time and in fact, I had to do some fancy negotiating on New Year's Day to get one off the kid and into the washer. I think the Man-boy took photos but I've yet to see them. Those kids just don't hold still. I have a few shots of pink and black blurs :)

Here are a few of my crafts over the holiday and craft show season:

another spoon mirror
 
a whimsey pocket from a paper towel roll, old wallpaper and trims
 
an altered mini-composition book
 
a book thong for the mini comp book
 
another altered Rolo (they are my new addiction)
 
another 30 collage bracelets for the Holiday Craft Markets. I only have 6 left! yay!
 
a butterfly charm. These will be available in my juliajae.etsy.com shop soon
 
yep, more Rolo's

There were at least this many things that didn't get photographed. Still, not much for almost 2 months. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. Hello
    Love your blog. You have some great ideas and beautiful pieces. Have you seen this press release and news article? Blogrower on Typobounty is a new game changing concept and could greatly affect online blogs like yours. You can become a registered hunter (it's free to join) and make money by finding errors on internet websites. Secondly, you can submit your blog on their site and increase your blog readership by allowing hunters to hunt for errors on your website. Imagine huge numbers of hunters reading every word. I just thought you or readers might be interested.For more information please check out the press releases at

    http://www.urlwire.com/news/051011.html

    or

    http://www.prweb.com/releases/Mediaudience/Blogrower/prweb9296906.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter Cccam Server to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete