Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog neglect and little time to craft

Well, here it is January already!


I was able to squeeze in a bit of crafting over the holidays to keep my swap commitments. Few photos to show for it (I refuse to open a package I've just sealed). Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, family, guests and Craft Shows every weekend it was tough.  
PLUS,
I  took on a Gi-normous (for me) project. Four, yes 4,  fleece capes for the kiddos. 
I don't sew. I don't know how to sew. I don't even pretend to know how to sew. I finished them though! 2 black fleece superhero capes and 2 pink fleece princess capes. Did I mention there were collars!?! and trim!?! scary, scary project.  The kids love them, wear them all the time and in fact, I had to do some fancy negotiating on New Year's Day to get one off the kid and into the washer. I think the Man-boy took photos but I've yet to see them. Those kids just don't hold still. I have a few shots of pink and black blurs :)

Here are a few of my crafts over the holiday and craft show season:

another spoon mirror
 
a whimsey pocket from a paper towel roll, old wallpaper and trims
 
an altered mini-composition book
 
a book thong for the mini comp book
 
another altered Rolo (they are my new addiction)
 
another 30 collage bracelets for the Holiday Craft Markets. I only have 6 left! yay!
 
a butterfly charm. These will be available in my juliajae.etsy.com shop soon
 
yep, more Rolo's

There were at least this many things that didn't get photographed. Still, not much for almost 2 months. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year!


3 comments: